When you smoke or vape cannabis, you’ll immediately feel the effects because the psychoactive THC goes directly to your brain and bloodstream. Edibles, on the other hand, are a little more complicated. Your body has to ingest, metabolize and absorb it. Depending on several factors (like your body weight and metabolism), it can take up to an hour before the effects become noticeable.
How Many Marijuana Edibles Should I Eat?
Patience is important when it comes to eating edibles. Whether this is your first time trying edibles or have never tried cannabis before, you should start at the lowest dosage possible. Start by cutting a piece in half and save the rest for later. Generally, 2 milligrams of THC is considered a low dose, while 5 milligrams is the standard dose. For experienced users, 10 milligrams is a good starting point.
Should I Eat Before Taking Marijuana Edibles?
The fullness or emptiness of your stomach affects not only the absorption time of the edible, but the intensity of the THC as well. So, it helps to eat at least a light snack before trying for the first time, just to be safe. It’s probably also wise to have some THC-free snacks on hand after taking edibles. You might find it hard to feel satisfied from a single cannabis brownie or gummy and need to take in more food.
What If I’ve Never Tried Cannabis Before?
Even if you’ve never experienced the effects of THC, this doesn’t mean that you can’t try edibles. Just make sure that you start with the lowest THC dose possible and wait for two hours to feel the effects. As you wait and listen to your body, eat snacks, drink water and just relax. Also take note that even when you’ve smoked and vaped cannabis before, you’ll most likely have a different experience when trying edibles for the first time.
What Should I Do If I Consume Too Much?
● Always remind yourself that this unpleasant feeling will pass. As you wait for it to go away, try to relax and stay away from driving.
● Try to consume pure CBD a little at a time. This compound can neutralize the effects of THC and help with the anxiety.
● Sip on cold water for at least 10 minutes to combat your dry mouth and high. You can add lemon zest, ground black pepper, mint leaves or shredded ginger to help settle your stomach.
● Sit back and relax to distract yourself. Get yourself in a comfortable position and look for a passive activity, like watching a movie.
● Get some sleep, and you’ll most likely wake up refreshed. Expect some feelings of grogginess afterwards but this should quickly dissipate.
Remember that, just like most things, there is no one-size-fits all when it comes to marijuana edibles. Every person will have a different reaction to it. It’s important to carefully read the dosing on the packages and follow the “start low and go slow” method, especially if it’s your first time. This might not be one of the most fun things to do off the bat, but it’s the safest and most effective.
About Ed ‘n Bill’s:
Ed ‘n Bill’s Candy Co. offers a wide range of edible marijuana products for every kind of medical condition. Their products are made from pesticide-free cannabis and are rigorously tested for quality control in-house. Trained medical marijuana staff will give safe medical options for specific symptoms and diagnosis.
Keywords: eating edibles, marijuana edibles, Ed ‘n Bill’s Candy Co.
By: Stephen Robert
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Stephen Robert:
- THC vs. CBD Edibles: Which is Right for You?
- How Do I Calculate Cannabis Edible Potency?
- How to Survive an Edible Marijuana Overdose?
- Why Do Marijuana Edibles Give Different High than Smoking?
- Things to Know About Cannabis Infused Edibles
- Why Does Edible Marijuana Increase Appetite?
- Do Different Edibles Give Different Highs?
- How Does It Feel to be High on Weed Brownies
Article ID 1072697 (Views 229)