An explosion of colours, sounds and tastes — that is Jaipur in a nutshell. Before you start exploring all the tourist places in Jaipur, you should check out some of the Jaipur resorts for your stay. You may have to book in advance at one of the hotels in Jaipur if you are heading to the city during the holiday season, because it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country.
There is a reason why Jaipur is one of the most popular tourist centres in the country; in fact there are at least ten beautiful reasons we can count for you to fall in love with this city. Read on:
1. Palaces: Jaipur is a city of palaces, and you can’t but stop and admire their splendour and archi-tectural beauty. One of the most important tourist places in Jaipur is the City Palace, a palace complex, which has many a hall, wondrous arches and pillars. Then there is the iconic Hawa Mahal, part of the City Palace complex, and used for the royal women. There is also Jal Mahal and Rambagh Palace, both equally picturesque.
2. Forts: Thanks to its royal heritage, Jaipur has many forts, primarily among them, Nahargarh Fort and Jaigarh Fort. There is also the Amer or Amber Fort, all beautiful reasons for you to visit the city.
3. ‘Pink’ story: One beautiful reason for you to visit the city is one that gives Jaipur its epithet. The ‘pink city’ is pink because Maharaja Sawai Ram Singh wanted to use pink (terracotta shade) on homes and public buildings to be welcoming and hospitable to visitors.
4. Hospitality: There are plenty of Jaipur resorts you can choose from during your stay. The city’s hospitality sector has boomed, and is on par with global standards. Want a luxurious holi-day? You should certainly stay in one of the hotels in Jaipur to experience the sophistication, aesthetics and amenities. You will be treated like royalty, for sure!
5. Cuisine: Think Rajasthan, and you think of dal-baati-churma, the traditional dish. If you are staying in one of the hotels in Jaipur, you can taste Rajasthani dishes like kachoris, laal maas, gatte ki sabzi and a sweet called ghewar.
6. Shopping: Ask one of the Jaipur resorts you are staying in for details of where to shop. Jaipur is a shoppers’ paradise, and you can pick up textiles, pottery, jewellery, knick knacks, ethnic footwear etc at some of the best bazaars in the country. A great reason to fall in love with the city indeed!
7. Festivals and fairs: One reason why everyone loves this city is the number of festivals and fairs, a harmony of music, colour, and great food. Some of the festivals and fairs include ‘Makar Sankranthi’, ‘Gangaur', ‘Teej', ‘Sheetla Mata' Fair and the desert festival.
8. Outdoor activities: Once you are done with ticking off all the tourist places in Jaipur, don’t forget to go on a camel safari or an elephant ride. You can also go on boat rides at one of the lakes or try your hand at polo. There are other opportunities too, such as sky diving and hot air ballooning in Jaipur.
9. Scenic beauty: Jaipur is not just about heritage and culture, but also natural beauty. When you head to the Nahargarh Fort, you can catch scenes of the landscape of Jaipur. The forests, lakes and peaks all offer spectacular views. If you are a photographer looking to capture the perfect sunrise or sunset, Jaipur offers plenty of such opportunities for you!
10. Music, dance and fine arts: When you head to Jaipur, you can’t escape the culture and fine arts that the region is famous for. You are bound to fall in love with the city as you catch some Jaipur art, known for its beautiful floral motifs and colour. You can also enjoy a folk dance per-formance such as ‘Bhavai', ‘Ghoomar' or ‘Kachi Ghodi', among others. The music is lively and upbeat, a symbol of the love for life that the people from the desert have! Jaipur is also known for its many schools of paintings such as Pichchavi and miniature paintings. It is also known for stone and gemstone work, among others. You can also pick up some batik textile while you are in Jaipur.
Now that you have enough reasons to fall in love with the city, you should pack your bags, make your reservations and find your own reasons to fall deeply in love with this colourful city!
Keywords: Jaipur resorts, tourist places in Jaipur
By: Gaurav Nikalje
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Gaurav Nikalje:
- Backwaters In Kerala: Anexperience For A Lifetime
- Ten Things That Buyers Expect From Real Estate Developers
- Ultra Diet Cooker – Secret to Healthy Living
- Buying Land or a Flat: Which Will be the Better Investment Option in Bangalore?
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Experience Dubai'S Nightlife
- How You Can Save Time with Ultra Pressure Cookers?
- How To Choose Perfect Juicer Mixer To Make Your Kitchen More Efficient
- Weekend Getaways at Garden City of India
- The Best Places To See In Mauritius
- Best Places To Visit In Udaipur
Article ID 1040222 (Views 372)