Maharaja Jai Singh II, the ruler of Amber, had a vision in 1727, when he founded the city of Jaipur. Thus was born a beautiful city, rich in culture and heritage, and it stands firm even today.The Pink City, as it is fondly called, is a popular tourist destination known all over the world for the unique experience that it provides.
The city was planned according to Indian Vastu Shastra, by Vidyadhar Bhattacharya. There are 3 gates to this beautiful city. It is a planned city, divided into 6 sectors, by broad streets. Part of the Golden Triangle which connects the national capital Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, ensures a steady influx of tourists every year. It was ranked the 7th best place in Asia, to visit, according to the 2008 Conde Nast Traveller Readers Choice Survey.
Tourist Places In Jaipur
Having been an integral part of the historical fabric of our country, Jaipur is steeped in ancient Indian history. There are many beautiful palaces, such as the Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, City Palace, Amer Fort, that reflect the regal architecture of the ancient times. The feeling of being in the midst of royalty comes alive as you spend quality time in Jaipur.
The city is colourful and chaotic. A heady combination of old and new. Jaipur is befittingly India’s gateway to its most flamboyant state. As you step out into the streets, you see regular modes of transport, and it isn’t surprising to see them dodge the odd camel! In the midst of this chaos, the serene splendours of Jaipur’s history evoke a calm sense of being.
Come, re-live a part of history. Take in the sights and sounds of Jaipur. Imbibe the spirit of the city.
Read more here: Enjoy A Royal Feeling By Staying At The Oberoi Rajvilas
Keywords: Enjoy A Royal Feeling By Staying At The Oberoi Rajvilas, Tourist Places In Jaipur
By: Gaurav Nikalje
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Gaurav Nikalje:
- Backwaters In Kerala: Anexperience For A Lifetime
- Ten Things That Buyers Expect From Real Estate Developers
- Ten Beautiful Reasons To Fall In Love With Jaipur
- Ultra Diet Cooker – Secret to Healthy Living
- Buying Land or a Flat: Which Will be the Better Investment Option in Bangalore?
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Experience Dubai'S Nightlife
- How You Can Save Time with Ultra Pressure Cookers?
- How To Choose Perfect Juicer Mixer To Make Your Kitchen More Efficient
- Weekend Getaways at Garden City of India
- The Best Places To See In Mauritius
Article ID 1033089 (Views 265)