Gurgaon is the IT/ITeS hub on the outskirts of Delhi, and is known for its hectic lifestyle. If you live in Gurgaon, there are plenty of opportunities to take a vacation over the weekend, where you can give the buzz of city life a break. You can take a day trip to Delhi itself and visit all the famed monuments, enjoy the experience of Old Delhi and its gallis. However, visiting places around Gurgaon can be an interesting option. Here are some places you could visit:
• The Damdama Lake is a large nature lake, a mere 20 km from Gurgaon, on the Gurgaon-Alwar road. The lake makes for a popular getaway and you can enjoy boat rides, and even go on a trek near the Aravali Hills. There are plenty of other adventure sports such as parasailing, cycling, air ballooning, rowing and angling.
• Sultanpur Lake Bird Sanctuary is one more spot that is a mere 15 km away from Gurgaon. If you are into bird-watching, it is the right place for you because winters attracted many migratory birds like the Asian koel and the Siberian crane. The spot is especially interesting if you have children accompanying you because there is a park for kids here.
• Also close to Gurgaon is Farukh Nagar which is known for its great work of architecture, Sheesh Mahal, dating back to the Mughal era. The structure, made of slate, lime and stone, also has intricate mirror art work. Another popular spot in the vicinity is the Ali Gosh Khan Baoli, which has an underground connection to the Sheesh Mahal.
Gurgaon is a bustling township and is home to glitzy malls, restaurants and entertainment hubs. The ideal time to visit the place is between October and March. Accommodation is hardly a concern and there are all kinds of hotels in Gurgaon, from budget to luxury. Depending on your budget and availability, you could even opt from among the 5 star hotels in Gurgaon for a comfortable stay.
You can visit here to know about more Places To Visit Near Gurgaon
Keywords: Places To Visit Near Gurgaon, hotels in Gurgaon
By: Gaurav Nikalje
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Gaurav Nikalje:
- Backwaters In Kerala: Anexperience For A Lifetime
- Ten Things That Buyers Expect From Real Estate Developers
- Ten Beautiful Reasons To Fall In Love With Jaipur
- Ultra Diet Cooker – Secret to Healthy Living
- Buying Land or a Flat: Which Will be the Better Investment Option in Bangalore?
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Experience Dubai'S Nightlife
- How You Can Save Time with Ultra Pressure Cookers?
- How To Choose Perfect Juicer Mixer To Make Your Kitchen More Efficient
- Weekend Getaways at Garden City of India
- The Best Places To See In Mauritius
Article ID 1033077 (Views 279)