Home to palaces, lakes, parks and temples, Udaipur is bound to cast a spell on any visitor. It all started when I landed here and checked into one of the hotels, before taking a tour of the hotspots. If you are wondering about what places to visit in the city, here is a list of spots I visited and could help you too.
The lakes: No visit to Udaipur is complete without a visit to the many lakes. Lake Fateh Sagar and Lake Pichola are two must-visits. You must take a boat trip across the Pichola, as you watch the palace from this vantage point. I enjoyed the boat cruise at sunset, watching the many shades of crimson, pink and blue across the sky.
City Palace: This palace complex belonged to the Mewar royalty, and is a must-visit. It houses two palace hotels and the Jag Mandir, in the middle of Pichola. The Mandir and the surrounding lake are picture-postcard perfect. If you are interested in photography, nothing like this palace complex to click away.
Ambrai Ghat: Talking about clicking away for posterity, I shot loads of pictures as the sun slowly set at Ambrai Ghat. I still can't get over the beauty of this spot, a haven for romantics.
Accommodation: Because Udaipur is high on the bucket list of most people who love to travel, and the footfalls the destination receives, there is no shortage of accommodation options to cater to various budgets. There are many luxury hotels, mid-range or budget options apart from 5 star hotels in Udaipur you can choose from. For the discerning traveller, The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur would hlep them experience luxury and grandeur in an ambience akin to the palaces of yore. So go right ahead, experience Udaipur and come away with a lot of indelible memories with a stay at The Oberoi!
If you want to know about more Places to Visit in Udaipur
Keywords: Places to Visit in Udaipur, hotels in Udaipur
By: Gaurav Nikalje
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Gaurav Nikalje:
- Backwaters In Kerala: Anexperience For A Lifetime
- Ten Things That Buyers Expect From Real Estate Developers
- Ten Beautiful Reasons To Fall In Love With Jaipur
- Ultra Diet Cooker – Secret to Healthy Living
- Buying Land or a Flat: Which Will be the Better Investment Option in Bangalore?
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Experience Dubai'S Nightlife
- How You Can Save Time with Ultra Pressure Cookers?
- How To Choose Perfect Juicer Mixer To Make Your Kitchen More Efficient
- Weekend Getaways at Garden City of India
- The Best Places To See In Mauritius
Article ID 1033067 (Views 478)