Dental bonding is a crucial and most important procedure of Cosmetic Dentistry that involves applying a tooth-colored composite material on the tooth, which is then carved into shape, followed by the process of hardening and polishing the same. The process of tooth bonding can be easily performed by any Boston dentist who is practicing cosmetic dentistry from past few years. Cosmetic dentistry Boston MA deals with fixing smiles by setting right the broken or chipped tooth or shutting the small gaps amid the teeth. The process of dental bonding also helps people to get rid of cavities thus is widely opted by many people who want to wear that radiant smile forever.
Before one heads out to consult any Boston Cosmetic Dentist, it is important to know the possible risks and aftercare of tooth bonding that will save you from hampering the entire job done:
• Brushing: It is advised that one must brush their teeth at least twice a day, in the morning and at night, with the toothpaste having fluoride. The brushing should be detailed covering the outside, inside, as well as the top of each tooth, followed by cleaning the tongue. Dentists in Boston MA also advise that the toothbrush should be replaced after every three to four months.
• Flossing: Apart from brushing, flossing is highly recommended to floss at least once a day; the process should be followed flossing all the way up touching the gum line and contacting the adjacent tooth for plague removal.
• Take water after meals: This helps in clearing food particles deposited on the teeth and control the level of acidity in the mouth.
• Avoid food items which can stain the teeth: Say goodbye to sports drinks, dark colored sauces, tea, berries, sodas, red and white wine, juices, and candies carrying artificial coloring. Apart from the possibility of discoloration, these food items have acidic qualities that are prone to accelerate tooth discoloration.
• Avoid tooth tool opening: This is really crucial habit that must be restricted for healthier dental shape! Many of us are in a habit of using out teeth as a tool to open bottles which often breaks or chips the bonding and composites.
• Avoid unhealthy tooth habits: This is in reference to all those habits like fingernail biting, chewing pen caps, pencils, pens, and other hard objects that can hamper this treatment. These are prone to break the bonding material and tooth enamel if continued for a certain time period.
• Avoid hard foods: In case, the bonding has been done recently and right on the front teeth, stay away from the habit of biting into hard foods like apples or tough fruits.
Cosmetic dentists in Boston advises the use of regular Crest, Original Colgate, or Mentadent toothpaste which is safe to be applied on the composite resin. Also, toothpastes that are advertised to give "extra whitening" must be avoided since these are often very coarse and possibly scratch the restoration.
Keywords: Cosmetic dentists in Boston
By: Hillel Besdin
Article Directory: http://www.articlecatalog.com
Copy and Paste Link Code:
Read other Articles from Hillel Besdin:
- Teeth Whitening Treatment That Will Give You A Confident Smile
- How To Get Safe And Effective Teeth Whitening Treatments: Tips From The Experts
- Know The Different Types Of Dentists And Their Jobs
- Know Some Benefits Of Sedation Dentistry
- All That You Need To Know About Teeth Whitening
- How To Protect Our Teeth From Gum Diseases - Get A Treatment
- Reasons Why Cautious Selection of a Cosmetic Dentist Is Important
- Important Treatments Before Cosmetic Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentist vs. General Dentist – Advantages
- Qualities of Exceptional Cosmetic Dentist
Article ID 1024697 (Views 538)
Announcement from Our Sponsor
Cancer Drugs like Lenvima (generic version Lenvatinib), Imbruvica (generic version Ibrutinib) now have generic versions at tremendous savings. Brain boosting drugs like Provigil (generic version Modafinil) and Nuvigil (generic version Armodafinil) are also popular.